Friday, December 14, 2007

Last Minute Knitting!

I found a great quick project for a last minute gift! A store owner told me that Wine Covers were popular this year and I found a pattern for one in the book Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living by Barbara Albright. I used Mt Colors Homespun but you could use any bulky yarn. It is done on double point needles and has a neck of ribbing and a body of stockinette stitch. It looks like a bulky turtleneck! It's fun and you can hang a ribbon or a few beads around the neck. I already gave one to my Aunt and she loved it. I actually attached a moguls flower pin and a little ribbon. It might have been a little over the top but it was festive!

The great thing is that it only takes about and hour and a half to make one and not too much yarn. I think I'm going to adapt my next one to a shorter fatter bottle of Bailys Irish Creme.

We are wrapping up the year here at Mt Colors. We have 2 more dye days before we break for the Holiday. We are looking forward to a few parties next week and a lot of nice family and friend time.

More later I've got to get back to my knitting.........

No comments: