Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday Knitting Ideas-Week 3

This week we are looking at scarves.  Here in Western Montana scarves get a lot of use during the cold winter months.  I personally LOVE to knit scarves and I have a very large bag of them.  I am still looking for the perfect way to organize them and I would welcome suggestions!!  But I still want to knit more.  They make great gifts and are such portable projects for folks on the go.  And they are a really fun way to try out a new-to-you yarn!

At String Theory Yarn Company in Illinois they designed Life is Good, a super-easy scarf that knits up with one skein of our Mountain Colors Jeannette yarn (65% Cashmere, 35% Silk). Yum. That would be so, so soft. And the clever little place to tuck the tail is perfect!

Life is Good
Early in the Fall Diana and I took a workshop from Sally Melville.  It was amazing.  One of the many designs she shared with all of us was her new Lace-Meets-Leaf scarf.
Lace-Meets-Leaf
This scarf uses a single skein of fingering weight yarn.  We knit one up in our Crazyfoot yarn (colorway Harmony Mallard) and everyone who sees it thinks it is great. The tails wrap around and hold the scarf in place. I plan to knit this scarf for sure!!

Scarves are in fashion...everywhere I go someone is wearing a beautiful scarf...so knit one for yourself or a friend ....there is still time to finish one for the holidays!!

No comments: