Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Knitting Ideas-Week 4




One of my favorite gift ideas for this time of year is fingerless mittens.  I am knitting a pair of Fetching fingerless mitts in our Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool for a holiday exchange with my Fiber (knit, spin, weave, etc) Guild.  In past years I have knit at least 15 pairs of these for friends, family, gift exchanges, etc.  They are always well received and don't take very long to make!  I've used 4/8's, Twizzle and Mountain Goat...they all work great.

Another easy pattern is the Lacey Jeannette Wristers.  
Lacey Jeannette Wristers

They are knit with our Jeannette yarn (65% Cashmere/35% Silk).  Talk about a super soft pair of mitts....YUM.

Another fun possibility is the Sailor's Rib Fingerless Mitts.
Sailor's Rib Fingerless Mitts


I knit these in Mountain Colors Twizzle.  Note how the strand of silk in this yarn creates a wonderfully tweedy effect!!

It is not to late to knit several pairs of fingerless mitts for your holiday gift list!!  I'm off to work on mine.

No comments: